Saturday, December 19, 2015

ZOE // 12.19.2015

Zoe was one of the first people I shot/interviewed. I asked her more than the four questions, and was intrigued by her answers. It befuddled me that someone I think is so beautiful/gorgeous/pretty had been told the things she had been told

"No. because umm I guess I’m just like used to people telling I’m not beautiful, so I believe it. I don’t like myself."


"No one’s really ever specified something that they like about me. "



"Acceptance is beautiful, though"

"okay…you’re going to hate me about this. I really don’t like anything about myself. Cause there’s just like… I just don’t like it. (Why are you not confident?) Because okay, people don’t usually tell me that I’m like. I don’t have like the experience, I guess, with people telling me that I’m beautiful and people saying all this amazing stuff about me, because people don’t usually say anything like that to me. (why do you need people to tell you?) because everyone needs someone to tell them that they’re beautiful. You want acceptance, you know? (Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you want to be beautiful). But acceptance is beautiful"  
My scars. 

What surprised me the most is that I think Zoe is extremely beautiful. Not in the "slap you in the face kind" of beautiful - there's nothing special about that. Zoe is just one of those people who is beautiful' there is no denying that as a fact. Her laugh lightens the room, and you can tell how much she loves what she's talking about by the way her face lights up. When she talks about something important to her, she gives herself an aura - she is a force to be reckoned with. A very beautiful force.

(The questions are in order from top to bottom: 
1) Do you find yourself beautiful? Why?
2) Do other people find you beautiful? What do they tell you is beautiful about you?
3) What is one thing you are confident about yourself (what is your security)?
4) What is your biggest insecurity?)

No comments:

Post a Comment