Saturday, December 19, 2015

A PROJECT ON PERCIEVED FEMALE BEAUTY


I've grown up in a generation where women are not confident about their bodies and/or physical appearance. I've grown up watching women like Angelina Jolie starve herself, simply because it makes her "more beautiful".

I want to know what the females that are around me, or have been around me, feel about their beauty. What they like about themselves, what they don't like.

I want to know what girls my age are thinking about their beauty - because (watch the cliche-ness) everyone is beautiful.

And that is a very important thing to understand.

___

Each person I photographed was given a set of four questions:
              1) Do you find yourself beautiful? Why?
              2) Do other people find you beautiful? What do they tell you is beautiful about you?
              3) What is one thing you are confident about yourself (what is your security)?
              4) What is your biggest insecurity?
Sometimes, I will ask more. I hope I will never ask fewer.

Let's see how this turns out.


No comments:

Post a Comment